u s e u m s
This page includes an on-line museums collection and other
pointing at museums in
if you have relevant on-line information about museums and collections in Romania.
You are virtual "visitor" number:
Museums and Collections in Romania - on-line national database (753 records and 800 images); searchable either by museum main profile or location (county, locality).
It is included in the largest Romanian Cultural Heritage Resource: the Web site of the Institute for Cultural Memory (CIMEC) in Bucharest. (also in English)
Virtual Museum of Traditional Architecture in the Romanian Open Air Museums - on-line national database
Over 1450 buildings in 17 open-air museums, searchable either by museum, ethnographic area, ethnical group or county. Updated regularly.
Museums are listed alphabetically in geographical order (starting with the Capital City of Bucharest).
"Grigore Antipa" National Natural History Museum, Bucharest (in Romanian)
Romanian Literature Museum, Bucharest
National Art Museum of Romania, Bucharest.
Romanian and universal art collections, paintings, sculpture, graphics, oriental art.
National Military Museum, Bucharest. (in Romanian)
- Museum of Romanian Peasant, Bucharest
, winner of European Museum of the Year 1996/
- 'Dimitrie Gusti' National Village Museum, Bucharest (in Romanian)
Open air museum of traditional architecture.
National History Museum of Romania, Bucharest (in Romanian)
- Museum of National Bank of Romania, Bucharest (in Romanian)
Steam Locomotives Museum
Technical Museum "Dimitrie Leonida"
- National Museum of Contemporary Art Bucharest
- The Museum of Bucharest City
- The Old Court Museum
- "Victor Babeș" Museum
- "Admiral Vasile Urseanu" Observatory of Bucharest
- The Philatelic Museum
- National Geological Museum - (in Romanian)
- Minovici Museum of Ancient Western Art
- Theodor Aman Museum
- Romanian Air Force Museum
- Fireman National Museum
- "I.L.Caragiale" National Theatre Museum
National Union Museum
Arad County Museum
Maramures County Museum - a new web site at 100 years since the foundation of the museum!
Maramures County Museum - Etnographic Department (in Romanian)
Mineralogic Museum Baia Mare
- "George Bacovia" Memorial House
"Vasile Pârvan" Museum
"George Coșbuc" Memorial House
The Ethnographical Museum of Brașov
- Memorial Museum "Muresianus' House" (see also in Francais or Deutsch)
The Museum of Brăila
Bran, Brașov county
Bran Castle Museum
Brebu, Prahova county
Princely Manor from Brebu, Prahova County
Campina, Prahova county
"B. P. Hasdeu" Memorial
National History Museum of Transylvania, Cluj-Napoca
The largest collections of archaeology, history and numismatics in Transylvania.
National Art Museum, Cluj-Napoca
Romanian art collection hosted in a baroc palace.
- Vivarium of "Babeș-Bolyai" University
National History and Archaeology Museum - Constantza (in Romanian)
Museum of Oltenia
Craiova Art Museum
Cucuteni, jud. Iași
- The Archaeological Park of Cucuteni
Deva, jud. Hunedoara
- The Deva Museum of Dacian and Roman Civilisation
- Complexul Monumental - Muzeal "Curtea Domnească"
Drobeta Turnu Severin
Museum of Iron Gates Region
Florești, jud. Giurgiu
- Ethnographic and Folk Art Museum
Focșani , jud. Vrancea
The Museum of Vrancea
The Museum of Visual Arts
Golesti, Arges county
Golesti Museum Complex. Open Air Museum,
Golesti, Arges county
The Iron Museum, Hunedoara (in Romanian)
- The County Museum Ialomița
- Maia - Catargiu Foundation of Art and Religious Culture
- "Moldova" National Museum Complex in Iassy
Collections of art, archaeology, history, ethnography, science and technology - four museums in one.
- The "Ștefan Procopiu" Museum of Science and Technology in Iassy (in Romanian)
- The "Poni - Cernătescu" Museum in Iassy (in Romanian)
Romanian Literature Museum, Iassy
Illustrated pages about writers from Iassy, memorial houses in Iassy, Ipotesti and surroundings.
Ipotești, Botoșani county
- The Ipotesti Memorial - "Mihai Eminescu" National Centre of Research
Miercurea Ciuc Museum
- The NeamțCounty Museum Complex(Complexul Muzeal Județean Neamț)
- The " Țării Crisurilor" Museum
Clocks Museum, Ploiesti
Prahova Natural Sciences Museum, Ploiesti (in Romanian)
Valcea County Museum, Ramnicu Valcea
Historic, art, etnographic and archaeological collections.
History Museum, Roman (in Romanian)
History and archaeology collections.
ASTRA National Museum
Complex, Sibiu see also Previous
Open Air Museum with the best Romanian collection of wind and water
mills, museum of Transylvanian civilization, "Franz Binder" world
Brukenthal National Museum, Sibiu
One of the largest art, natural science and archaeological collections in Romania.
- The Memorial of the Victims of Communism
Peleș National Museum
Ialomita County Museum, Slobozia
Collections of archaeology and ethnography.
Agriculture Museum, Slobozia
The most original and rich Romanian museum dedicated to agriculture.
- The Romanian Police Museum
- The Museum of History and Archaeology, Targu Mures, Mures County (in Romanian)
- The Village Museum of Banat Region
- The Banat Museum Timisoara (in Romanian)
Valea Mare Pravat, Argeș county
- Mateiaș Mausoleum
This page is maintained by
CIMEC - Institute for Cultural Memory, in Bucharest, Romania,
as a part of
Last update: March, 2006.