| || || |
| || |
AFRICOM has the following mission:
- AFRICOM seeks the development of African societies by encouraging museums in their role as initiators of culture and agents of cultural cohesion
- The mission of AFRICOM is to develop museum policies and networking on a continental and regional level, focusing on the cohesion of cultures beyond geographical and linguistic barriers.
- Promote the development of museums and museum-related institutions in Africa in the context of global development
- Promote the development of professions on which museum activities are built
- Strengthen collaboration and cooperation among museums and museum professionals in Africa, and develop exchanges with museum professionals abroad
- Promote the participation of all components of society in the protection and enhancement of cultural and natural heritage
- Establish and maintain an effective autonomous institution to achieve these objectives.